- This 70 yr old patient presented with a history of pain from a lower molar.
- A thorough examination and conventional radiographs confirmed the presence of apical pathology on #19.
- Treatment options were discussed including root canal therapy with The Gentlewave or extraction.
- The patient, wanting to save her tooth chose the former and microendodontic treatment was carried out.
- The tooth was extensively calcified.
- With the aid of the surgical operating microscope and a 3D CBCT scan I was able to locate all 4 canals and preserve precious tooth structure.
The thrill of the fill!
- Minimal instrumentation using v-taperH2 endodontic files followed by the ultracleaning power of The Gentlewave facilitated a complete sealing of the now pristine canal system with bioceramic.
- The patients existing crown was preserved and repaired using a bonded composite #Luxacore and she is now pain free.